The Magistrate’s Court was opened urgently at 20.00 on Monday to charge 21 year old Ryan Stivala from Fgura that on 24 June 2012, he:
- tried to kill a man in Kalkara and put the life of his 4 year old son at risk;
- tried to hurt seriously a woman in Kalkara, threatened her and frightened her family and injured her slightly;
- injured slightly the man he had tried to kill;
- injured slightly another woman from Kalkara;
- damaged two cars, a pair of sunglasses, a mobile phone, all worth €1,460 to the detriment of a married couple from Kalkara and another woman;
- drove a Volkswagen Golf recklessly and at excessive speed.
Ryan Stivala pleaded not guilty but he was not granted bail and is being held in preventive custody.